Your Contract is with TREK TRACKS NZ Ltd referred to as "TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND".
A deposit of 10% is required at the time of booking, or full payment if booking is inside 60 days of departure, to secure your reservation. Full Payment is required before or on the 60 day mark.
All fares published supersede all prices previously advertised. Stated duration counts day of departure and day of return. TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND within the specified time. Prices include New Zealand Government Goods and Services Tax (where applicable).
As per brochure, TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND reserves the right to make changes to itineraries or cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, at any time prior to departure if something beyond the control of TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND deems it necessary including natural disasters, political instability, terrorism, weather, cultural conditions or other external events. It is imperative that passengers download the most up to date information from our website just prior to their trip departing.
If TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND cancels a trip on which you are holding a fully paid booking you may choose between an alternative trip or a full refund. The company is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations, or non-refundable flights. If the alternative trip chosen is of a lower value than that originally booked then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the alternative tour chosen is of a higher value then you will pay the difference in price. In the event of a tour being cancelled it will be done before or on the 60 day prior to departure mark by email.
Cancellation Policy- New Zealand
30-60 days prior to departure
Loss of deposit
15-30 days prior to departure
Loss of 50% of holiday cost
within 14 days prior to departure
Loss of100% of Tour cost
Please be aware that if you have booked through a third party like a travel agent, their cancellation policy and terms and conditions may differ to our own. Be sure to check their particular terms and conditions, including cancellation policy, as they will apply. No refund will be made if you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason, this includes refund of accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilised.
TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND offer adventure holidays across New Zealand are designed for travellers aged from18 upwards. In practice, this means that travellers under the age of18 cannot travel without prior agreement by our operational staff. Please get in contact if you are outside of this age bracket to discuss.
In many parts of New Zealand TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND works with highly reputable local specialist operators. These local partners are all passionate about the activities they operate and offer the same high standards as TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND.
Within New Zealand, each passenger is entitled to take one case, bag or backpack weight limit 20 kilos along with a small day pack. Airlines permit only one cabin bag per person, in which personal items such as cameras, make-up etc. should be carried thought you need to check with your airline provider as to their specific requirements. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried. Baggage is at 'owner's risk'. Most Hotels & Hostels offer storage services for additional luggage.
Important Information Exclusion of Liability
- 1. Whilst TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND will take all reasonable steps to provide an enjoyable tour, it accepts no liability for any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances beyond its control. TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND further accepts no liability for any loss beyond its reasonable control and provides no warranties in addition to those set out under the The Fair Trading Act 1986, and nothing herein restricts any passenger from exercising their rights and remedies pursuant to law.
- 2. Your Travel Agent will forward booking confirmations and other payments to TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND on your behalf, but your Travel Agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of booking confirmations and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND and the Travel Agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND in respect to any monies paid to the passenger's Travel Agent unless and until TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND notifies the passenger (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND.
- 3. The optional tour excursions are not operated by, or at the direction of, or on behalf of TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND, its employees or agents or any other persons or companies associated with TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND. All Optional Activities are an additional cost to the tour price and by taking bookings for these tours, TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND acts as each optional tour operator's agent.
- 4. These tours include the services of operators other than TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND e.g. hoteliers, airlines and optional tour excursions, which are not under the direct control of TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND and whilst TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND takes all reasonable care in selecting these operators, it cannot accept responsibility for those operators' conduct or the conduct of their representative employees or agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
- 5. On tours including activities such as trekking, swimming and snorkelling, passengers accept that degrees of risk are involved.
- 6. No passenger will be permitted to embark or continue on tour while their mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers, or they become a hazard to themselves or other passengers. TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND will not be responsible for expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour.
If there is any change to the price of the tour you change your booking to, since the time of your original reservation, the new tour price will apply to the new reservation.
Itineraries are subject to alteration without notice and intended as a guide only. Alterations may come about due to road or weather conditions, strikes, public holidays, local festivals and cultural or other reasons. Due to the nature of the terrain and remote areas, weather fluctuations can adversely affect road conditions that may necessitate alterations to itinerary with little or no notice. Any additional expense incurred by the passenger is not TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND responsibility. TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND can give no guarantee as to the exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND in the tour and TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND will not be liable for failure to make TREK TRACKS NEW ZEALAND with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
As is normally the case with group tours, a minimum number of bookings are required in order for a tour to be financially viable and to have a pleasant group atmosphere. In the event that adequate numbers cannot be achieved, it may be necessary to cancel a scheduled departure and to offer the nearest possible alternative date (or, of course, a full refund of monies paid). The date on which the decision is made whether a tour will operate is usually four weeks before the scheduled departure date.
In the event of a breakdown or other unforeseen circumstances, the operator reserves the right to substitute vehicles other than those specified to ensure the operation of a tour.
Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist coaches. Requests for smoking/non smoking rooms will be passed on to accommodation providers but cannot be guaranteed.
If a problem occurs during your tour, then in your own best interests you should advise your Tour Leader immediately so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter there and then. If you are not satisfied with the result from the Tour Leader you must call our office immediately. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to us within 30 days.